Top 5 Items for Runners This Holiday Season Featuring PRO Compression Socks
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was provided FREE product(s) to complete this review.
PRO Compression socks deliver maximum comfort and speedy recovery times. The science is complex, but benefits such as improved blood flow, stability and comfort are universally understood. The moment you put these socks on your feet, you will feel the difference.
Fitness is a big part of my life and while I enjoy running outdoors most of the year, winter in Midwest is not one of the times. Between cold temperatures, snow storms and it getting darker earlier, I’m not so thrilled to hit the trails. I would much rather snuggle up with a blanket and wait out the winter. During the cold months I prefer running on the treadmill, but since I don’t have one at home and can’t always make it to the gym I have to be brave and go outside.
With cold in mind to have a good run you need to be prepared. You need quality items to keep you warm and keep you going. Plus with holidays and gift giving around the corner what better time than now to have some gift ideas for the runners on your list. Some of these make good stocking stuffers as well for others or yourself. Here are items that make a big difference to me and make my runs perfect even in cold temperatures!
Top 5 Items for Runners This Holiday Season (in no particular order)
- Nike Racer Long-Sleeve Half-Zip Top ($45.00) – Nike long-sleeve half-zip top is perfect for running and layering in the cold weather. Feminine side seams and a back mesh panel help with comfort and breathability. Reflectivity at center back. Contrast color on sleeve seams for a pop of fun color. It will keep you warm without feeling too heavy.
- The North Face Winter Warm Tight ($85.00) – Supportive, fitted tight keeps you warm and comfortable on cold days on the trail. Stretch elastane in fabric promotes unrestricted leg-turnover, with knit panels at sides and behind the knee to increase breathability where you need it most. Petite zip pocket at center-back accommodates keys, credit cards, or other small items you need on-the-go.
- Nike Dri-Fit Lightweight Running Gloves ($15.00) – Keep your hands warm and protected from the cold while making sure you still have mobility and stay dry. They provide much-needed comfortable coverage.
- Adidas Aria Headband ($15.00) – A women’s-specific shape for a snug fit and contoured to completely shield your ears, this headband is ready to keep you warm and protected from the cold. Mid-weight ClimaWarm thermal fleece insulation maintains warmth while a moisture wicking mesh lining keeps you feeling fresh as you start to warm up.
- PRO Compression Marathon Socks ($50.00) – First off I have to say how in the world did I ever run before without these, or for that matter recover from a long run??? Experience maximum benefit with the Marathon full-length, graduated compression sock. True graduated compression technology improves blood flow, resulting in better, more consistent performance with less fatigue and faster recovery. In addition to improving vascular performance, Marathon compression socks support critical areas, muscles and tendons and help reduce inflammation, swelling and soreness. Put it all together for the perfect sock for running, training, racing, recovery and travel. I recently received the Marathon full-length in black socks from PRO Compression and I love wearing them while running outside, on the treadmill or just after a long run/day. This design requires more effort to put on than standard socks. But it’s that extra effort and much-needed compression that make all the difference. Be patient and your feet will thank you. True graduated compression promotes circulation by pushing fluid up from your feet and ankles to toward your knees. This design also helps reduce swelling and inflammation while providing critical support to muscles and tendons. I absolutely love them and definitely think they should be on your holiday running wish list no matter where you live (hot or cold).
And to make your shopping extra special visit PRO Compression website, grab a pair (or two) for yourself and/or someone on your holiday list then enter code PINK2 at checkout for a 40% discount (valid until December 15, 2014)!
About PRO Compression Socks:
- MADE in the USA
- We always have a super fun Sock of the Month! A new sock designs every month with a discount! (so make sure you are on our email list). Can sign up on the home page under: Receive Monthly Specials.
- One of the few compression socks companies that makes a true graduated compression sock (the ones that work!).
- We sell direct, what does that mean to you? Bigger discounts and more focus on the customer. Our goals is to make sure everyone is in the correct sock or sleeve that is best for them!
- True Graduated Compression
- Arch support with just the right amount of compression.
- Stabilization zone threw the sides to mid foot. Helps provide foot bed comfort.
- Open toe box so it will not keep your toes to tight.
- Wide cuff for added comfort.
- Moisture wicking materials.
- No blisters!
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was provided FREE product(s) by the above mentioned company or their PR Representative to complete this review. All of the opinions are strictly of the SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) and SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) staff and no one else. The opinions are honest and not influenced by the monetary compensation in any way.