The Most Complete Book on Stir-Fries
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was provided FREE product(s) to complete this review.
Stir-fries are an ideal way to prepare delicious, nutritious and internationally inspired meals quickly and easily. Novices and experienced cooks can create fantastic meals with just one wok, skillet or frying pan.
In 300 Best Stir-Fry Recipes, Nancie McDermott creates outstanding stir-fries based on her extensive food and travel experiences.
Here’s just a sampling of recipes:
- Chicken with honey-ginger sauce
- Spicy beef in lettuce cups, Szechuan-style
- Pork with fresh ginger and mushrooms
- Ham with eggs, onions and peas
- Shrimp with pineapple and peas
- Catfish with turmeric and fresh dill
- Shiitake mushrooms with Napa cabbage and peas
- Sugar snap peas with garlic
- Everyday fried rice, Thai-style
- Egg noodles with barbecued pork and bokchoy
- Lemongrass beef, Vietnamese-style
- Sweet Chinese sausage with eggs, onions and peas.
We love stir-fry recipes and when we got a chance to review this cookbook everyone in our house got super excited. We love the large variety of recipes and how easy they are to make. There really is something for everyone, whether you like meat based stir-fry or the veggie ones.
So far we tried:
- Chicken with Sweet and Hot Peppers
- Pork Slices with Bursting Peas
- Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lemon and Parsley
- Candied Walnuts
In addition to thorough information on stir-frying traditions and techniques, there are recommendations for the best equipment. A comprehensive easy-to-follow pantry list and glossary enhance this quintessential stir-fry cookbook.
About the Author: Nancie McDermott is a food writer and cooking teacher, specializing in the traditional cooking and culinary traditions of Asia and of the American South. Her Southern studies began at birth in Piedmont North Carolina, and her Asian culinary research commenced when she was sent to notherneastern Thailand as a Peace Corps volunteer. In addition to writing for magazines and newspapers and teaching cooking classes, she is the author of ten cookbooks, including 300 Best Stir-Fry Recipes. She lives with her family in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
This cookbook has 352 pages $27.95 CA / $24.94 US available from March 2014.
To find out more about the 300 Best Stir-Fry Recipes cookbook, or to check out other amazing cookbooks visit Robert Rose website.
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was provided FREE product(s) by the above mentioned company or their PR Representative to complete this review. All of the opinions are strictly of the SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) and SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) staff and no one else. The opinions are honest and not influenced by the monetary compensation in any way.