The Proskins Slim 28 Day Challenge
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was provided FREE product(s) to complete this review.
Who are Proskins?
Proskins are a progressive, cutting edge specialist in the field of high technology fabrics and compression wear. Having established a strong reputation within the world of professional sport for innovation, precision and compression expertise, our company, with the introduction of the additional Proskins SLIM range, have used all of our experience, the many 1000s of hours of collected research and scientific data, to create a product that pushes the boundaries of the compression wear industry and bridges the gap between high technology fabrics and the needs of real people.
Recently Proskins contacted me about their 28 Day Challenge which requires me wearing their SLIM Full Length Leggings for at least 8 hours a day doing the next 28 days. Doing this time I should share my experience here on the SCM Blog through five posts. I will share my thoughts about the SLIM Full Length Leggings and share my measurements along with ways you can wear the leggings and how they can help you and me lose inches and cellulite at the same time.
Some information about the Proskins SLIM Full Length Leggings.
- Micro-encapsulated yarn – Proskins SLIM is constructed using patented micro-encapsulated yarn. These microcapsules are released in a controlled way throughout the lifetime of the garment.
- Temperature regulating – Garments are temperature regulating to optimise body temperature independently and regulate to 37 degrees Celsius.
- Anti-bacterial and odor reduction – Garments also have a silver anti-bacterial treatment for extended wear, odour reduction and improved garment lifetime.
- Caffeine – A renowed active slimming agent that activates micro-circulation and promotes fat destruction
- Retinol – A skin regenerator which stimulates collagen, giving a youthful appearance to the skin
- Vitamin E – An antioxidant that helps the skin appear young and fresh
Proskins Slim independent clinical trials released from Groupe Dermscan in France has proven women who wore slim micro-encapsulated garments for 28 days reported the following:
- 76% slimming efficacy
- Up to 2cm reduction on thighs perimeter
- 65% efficacy reduction of fat nodes. Redensifying effect
- 63% of users state reduction on the orange peel aspect
- 67% feel their jeans less tight
- 72% users feel lightness sensation
My thoughts about the Proskins SLIM Full Length Leggings (excuse the self-timed pictures):
- Super soft and comfy. I didn’t expect them to be so soft, silky and comfortable. They are extra light, fit perfectly snug, yet you don’t feel them weighing you down.
- Amazing for workouts. I do a fair share (or at least I try) of HiiT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts and they are just perfect, as well as for running.
- Very stylish. These are not leggings you need to hide, although I can already see them as perfect under the jeans item doing the cold winter months, but till then they are just amazing under mini dresses, long tunics and sweaters.
- Easy to care for. Machine washable up to a maximum of 30 C. Do not use fabric softener and always line or lay flat to dry. They don’t hold water so they will be dry really fast. No amount of washing will misshape your Proskins garment(s). However the micro capsules in Proskins Slim are present for 100 washes.
My measurements at the beginning of 28 Day Challenge (Part One):
- Hips: 36 inches
- Top of Thighs: 23 inches
- Widest Part of Thigh: 21.5 inches
- Above Knee: 17 inches
- Below Knee: 13 inches
- Widest Part of Calf: 14.5 inches
My goals for these 28 days:
- To lose inches mostly from my waist, hips and thighs.
- Tone my legs hopefully by losing some lately visible cellulite from my thighs.
About the Slim line – You can see all current styles in the Slim Line here.
- Full length leggings in black, matte black, fashion colors and several patterns. The leopard print is brand new. The Galaxy print was very popular this spring with the “Dancing with the Stars” pro dancers.
- Capri length in black only.
- Cycle or knee length shorts (think Bermuda) in black or nude – the nude is great for wearing under jeans and pants.
- Short shorts – these shorts are just shorter than the others, but NOT as short as a “Daisy Duke”.
- *New* hi-rise full length, helps those of us that carry our weight in the belly or “midriff”.
- ¾ sleeve shirt.
- The SCULPT FX for men is a V-neck T-shirt that helps remove their belly fat (the beer gut).
Proskins SLIM Full Length Leggings are available for $120 USD.
- The 28 Day Challenge: Get 50% off Classic Black Leggings when you sign up for the 28 Day Challenge on Proskins website.
- Just for being a SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) reader you can receive a 50% off Proskins shorts through August 31, 2013 with this coupon code: blogshort
This is only part one of my five Proskins 28 Day Challenge posts so don’t forget to check back next week for more info and self-timed pictures!
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was provided FREE product(s) by the above mentioned company or their PR Representative to complete this review. All of the opinions are strictly of the SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) and SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) staff and no one else. The opinions are honest and not influenced by the monetary compensation in any way.