Easy Steps on How to Take Body Measurements
When you are losing weight taking your body measurements is an excellent way to keep track of your changing shape as you get fit even when the numbers on the scale show the same.
Body Measurements Log (click the image for a FREE download)
Start your body measurements from your upper body and work your way down.
- Neck – Measure around the largest part of the neck
- Upper Arm – Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow
- Chest – Measure just under your bust (for Bust measurements – Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don’t pull the tape too tight)
- Waist – Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist
- Navel – Measure midway between the very biggest part of your hips and your waist
- Hips – Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips
- Thighs – Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
- Calves – Measure around the largest part of each calf
Don’t forget to check out our new page SCM Printables for more fun things you can print or download to help you with the weight loss and staying healthy!