Where to Pick Apples and Pumpkins in Midwest
Fall season is all about apples, pumpkins and delicious recipes. If you are in the Midwest area be sure to check out these places where you can pick your own.
- Apple Holler – Pick over 30 varieties of apples, along with peaches, pears, pumpkins and other fruit. Enjoy hay wagon rides, pony rides, corn maze, orchard trivia maze, bounce house, pedal carts, live entertainment on the weekends in the fall, pig races, kids’ korral play area, cool cow maze, gemstone mining, gift shop, bakery, and a down home restaurant.
- Butterprint Farm Pumpkin Patch – Take a hayride to the pumpkin patch and choose from pumpkins, squash and gourds. Afterward, visit the four-acre corn maze. Then shell, crack and mill corn to feed the animals at the petting zoo. There’s also a museum, nature center, walking trail, puppet shows, farm demonstrations, live music and food.
- Currans Orchard – Pick your own apples, raspberries and pumpkins and enjoy apple donuts, award-winning cider, fresh pie, honey, maple syrup, jams, wagon rides, straw bale mini-maze, climbing bales, petting corral and apple slingshot.
- County Line Orchard – Pumpkins are ready, come and take your pick.
- Fiorellos Pumpkin Patch – Take advantage of beautiful fall weather and bring your family out for a picnic and a pumpkin.
- Garwood Orchard – Pick your own apples, pumpkins and raspberries. Horse and tractor drawn wagon rides take you to the u-pick areas. Live bands on select fall weekends. Apple Fest Arts & Craft show is held in September; check website for details.
- Goebberts Pumpkin Patch – Pumpkins, wagon rides, animal farm, corn-stalk maze, haunted barn, pumpkin eating monster, pig racing, pony rides and weekend magic show. Fall Harvest Market features Michigan apples, squash, apple cider, donuts, pies and fudge.
- Nye’s Apple Barn – Apples are the main attraction mid-September through October, but Nye’s also sells peaches, berries and other fruit as well as corn and other vegetables. Call or check the website to see what is ripe.