Power of Positive Snacking review plus a Giveaway from LUNA
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was provided FREE product(s) to complete this review.
Since 1999, LUNA has been passionate about making delicious food for women. Their hope is to help moms embrace the power of positive snacking this upcoming year to encourage them on their path to a healthier lifestyle through a Power of Positive Snacking with LUNA’s latest products.
This year, LUNA and the Institute for the Future released their first forecast study, The Power of Snacking: The Next Decade of Women’s Changing Nutrition.
The two of the main findings:
- Snack Time is the New Mealtime: Say goodbye to predefined mealtimes. While meals are culturally important, women from their twenties to their fifties will increasingly allow for flexibility in their eating schedules due to the requirements of juggling care giving for elder parents, childbearing and careers.
- The Notion of Positive Snacking: Guilt be gone! Women in their mid-thirties to fifties will shift to a more positive mindset about snacking. They will seek foods that not only meet their nutritional needs, but can satisfy indulgent cravings.
LUNA and the Institute for the Future identified through the research that women can adopt to support a more nutritious way of snacking in the coming decade.
- Realize the Influence of the Gatekeeper Role: While eating habits will alter considerably during the next decade, women will remain the nutritional force in their families. Gatekeepers that improve their own eating habits will positively impact the health of their whole family.
- Build Ecosystems of Trusted Resources: Women will increasingly need to find reliable sources –websites and blogs, friends or experts – and tap them to assist in deciphering nutritional information and making optimal snack choices for their lifestyles. This will, in turn, help women to feel more assured in the decisions they make in the ways of their snacks.
- Snack with Intention: Over the next decade, the obstacles to healthier snacking will lessen and women of every generation will need to value their health and snack with more awareness and intention.
- Take Charge of Your Snacks Now: Women should look to get involved with testing new mobile applications and other online services devoted to health and wellness so they can decide what works best for them early on.
Recently we got a chance to work with LUNA and try some of their delicious LUNA Bars. We received the Luna Bar Peanut Honey Pretzel and their new LUNA Fiber flavors – Peanut Butter Strawberry, Vanilla Blueberry and Chocolate Raspberry.
The newest (and first) salted – sweet LUNA Bar flavor, Peanut Honey Pretzel is an indulgent blend of the smooth sweetness of honey and the salty crunch of peanuts and pretzels.
How can something so good for us be so delicious? It’s simple. Start with the best ingredients possible (nothing artificial, 70% organic) and nutrition that matters most to women. Mix with flavors that make mouths water and the rest is sweet (and healthy!) history.
- High in calcium and folic acid
- Rich in antioxidants A, C, E
- 9g protein, 3g fiber
The Peanut Honey Pretzel is a perfect snack for the times when you need a bit of a boost, a high protein snack, a sweet yet salty indulgence and a perfect treat all together you will not feel guilty about. We absolutely loved the mix of sweet and salty with a crunch in every bite of this LUNA Bar. One bar makes a perfect serving with just 190 calories, 9g of protein and 3g of fiber.
Next we tried the new LUNA Fiber bars.
Peanut Butter smoothes the way for Strawberry in this delicious ode to a classic.
Raspberries wrapped in a soft baked chocolate crumble, strewn with decadent chocolate chips.
Soft baked vanilla goodness filled with bountiful blueberries, topped with a sweet sprinkle.
Out with boring, in with lip smacking goodness! Fiber just got a serious taste-lift in the form of LUNA Fiber; the fiber bar you’ll actually crave. 70% organic and available in three fruit-filled shades of delicious, LUNA Fiber is the tasty, wholesome and convenient way to curb hunger, fast.
- 7 g of hunger-curbing fiber
- Contains the ‘Core 4’ combo of calcium, iron, folic acid, and vitamin D
- Only 110 to 120 calories
The LUNA Fiber bars were delicious, soft, rich and perfect snack. When it comes to flavors they all were very good, but for us Vanilla Blueberry won just a bit over others. These bars are perfect when you are running errands or driving your kids to and from school or activities. They are soft, fruit filled and perfect fiber bars to satisfy not only your hunger, but your sweet cravings as well.
All of the delicious products mentioned above are available on their website. You can browse for your favorites at LUNA Bar Products.
Would you like to win LUNA Bars? If so enter using the form below for a chance to win LUNA Bars Pack of choice. You choose between LUNA Fiber flavors (Peanut Butter Strawberry, Vanilla Blueberry and Chocolate Raspberry) OR LUNA Bar flavor Peanut Honey Pretze.
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was provided FREE product(s) by the above mentioned company or their PR Representative to complete this review. All of the opinions are strictly of the SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) and SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) staff and no one else. The opinions are honest and not influenced by the monetary compensation in any way.