Fall 2012 – Halloween Themed Events in Illinois
October is a busy month for Halloween lovers. From choosing the right costumes, party planing, events and yummy candy everyone can get a bit overwhelmed. To help you out here are some local Halloween themed events you can visit doing this fun and spooky month.
- Chicagoween – October 26, 2012 – October 30, 2012 – Spooktacular Halloween Fun!
- Spooky Zoo Spectacular – October 20, 2012. Family entertainment – Noon – 2 p.m. Haunted house, educational arts and crafts, and trick-or-treating.
- Franken Plaza – October 26, 2012 – October 30, 2012 – Includes free performances from Midnight Circus, a Friday night scary movie and a kids costume contest on Saturday with trick-or-treat candy.
- Chicagoland Haunted Houses – Halloween isn’t really Halloween without a visit to a haunted house. Check out the Nightmares Basement of the Dead in Aurora, Illinois and Massacre Haunted House in Naperville, Illinois.
- Village of Fear – October 19, 2012 – October 20, 2012 – Haunting creatures, eerie entertainment and must-see horrors invade the 12-acre grounds.
- A Haunting in the Valley – October 26, 2012 – October 27, 2012 – Costumed guides lead scheduled groups along a trail of Halloween fun, adventure, and magic.
- Pumpkins in the Park 5K – On October 27, runners and walkers of all ages will descend on Chicago’s Lincoln Park decked out in spooky attire for the annual Pumpkins in the Park 5K, which includes a CLIF KID Spooky Sprint for kids 12 and under.
- Brookfield Zoo’s annual Boo – Saturdays and Sundays, October 20 – 21, 2012 – Little ghosts and goblins of all ages are sure to have a howlin’ good time!
- HallowFest and Spooky Pooch Parade at the Chicago Botanic Garden – October 26, 27 and 28, 2012 – Celebrate Halloween, if you dare, at the Garden!
- Spooky Pooch Parade at the Chicago Botanic Garden – Saturday, October 20, 2012 – For two very special hours only, dogs are allowed in the Garden.