Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical with Pulse
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was NOT provided FREE product(s) to complete this review.
The Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical with Pulse provides a “zero impact” workout with no stress on hips, ankles and joints plus the benefit of upper body exercising with dual action arms.
- Design: Natural Elliptical motion eliminates any bouncy movement that other competitive elliptical experience.
- Weight Capacity: Up to 325lbs of user weight capacity is provide through heavy-duty construction.
- Tension Resistance: 8 Level magnetic tension resistance adjustments can provide the user with a more challenging workout.
- Computer: An easy to read large window LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and target zone heart rate monitoring.
- Dual Direction Flywheel: The flywheel is dual directional for frontwards and backwards workout capability.
- Stride Length: 13″
- Target Zone Monitor: Pulse pads on the additional stationary handle bars provide heart rate monitoring.
- Quietness: The precision balanced flywheel and V- belt drive provide a smooth and quiet operation. It will not interfere with watching TV or listening to music.
- Safety: Larger pedal design with ribbed design prevents any foot slippage when exercising.
- Transportation Wheels: For easy room relocation.
- Workout Arms: Dual Action Workout Arms will provide an upper body workout to tone the whole body.
The Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical with Pulse is a perfect home exercise equipment. It doesn’t take up too much space when put together (54 x 23 x 63 inches) and it can basically be in a corner of any room.
The monitor is large enough for you to see the distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and target zone heart rate when holding the pulse pads on the additional stationary handle bars.
The computer for this machine needs 2 AA batteries (included). The monitor only turns on when you start moving on the machine and auto shuts down after about 30 to 60 seconds of inactivity which is a great feature and one that will save your batteries when machine is not in use.
It’s tension settings really works well too, making each consecutive level seem like a consistent progression in resistance. The tension resistance that has 8 levels is set by turning the knob from 1 to 8 and even though the levels are great the knob itself could use a bit of improvement. We would much rather that the tension levels were adjusted from the computer monitor itself instead of the knob.
And when it says that it can handle up to 325lbs, it means it. It feels very sturdy and safe too without any wobbling. You will not feel like you are about to fall from this machine while you workout or while you are getting on or off of it.
It doesn’t hurt to keep a pair of running shoes next to the machine just so you are not tempted to get on it barefoot. The ribbed design is great when it comes to preventing any foot slippage when exercising, but using it without shoes is not recommended unless you want to hurt your feel.
Another thing that we wish was a bit different is the 13″ stride. The 13″ stride length is great if you are not taller and need more length. But overall it still provides a nice workout that you will definitely feel.
The machine arrived very quickly and the packaging was excellent. There are instructions and tools provided to put this machine together that takes approximately anywhere between 2 to 3 hours. Now we personally didn’t use the tools provided for a better part and used our own and putting it all together took just a bit over an hour. The instructions are pretty much like for every other equipment or furniture you purchase that needs home assembly. And having your own socket set will definitely help you with the installation.
This machine has one more great feature that many others don’t and that is how easy it is to move it from room to room. With front wheels it basically glides from place to place with just a little push.
We also love how quiet this machine is. It doesn’t interfere with watching TV or listening to music and it can be used anytime of the day without waking up anyone.
Our suggestions for the manufacturer: Other than what we mentioned above about the tension level knob and 13″ stride length the only thing we would love to see added to this machine is a water bottle holder. Even though this seems like a little thing to ask it is very important to have while working out. And if you are like us and like to do long workouts (60 minutes plus) you will definitely wish your water bottle was closer to you.
Overall, we are very pleased with the Exerpeutic 1000Xl Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical with Pulse machine. It’s a nice looking piece of home equipment with nice features and for a great price of $174.98. And if you purchase this machine over Amazon you will also receive a FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Disclosure – SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) was NOT provided a FREE product(s) by the above mentioned company or their PR Representative to complete this review. The product(s) mentioned above was purchased by SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) staff and this review is a way for us to share with you our favorite products. All of the opinions are strictly of the SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) and SCM (SocialCafe Magazine) staff and no one else. The opinions are honest and not influenced by anyone in any way.