How to Drink More Water During the Day
Drinking water, either plain or in the form of other fluids or foods, is essential to your health. Think of water as a nutrient your body needs that is present in liquids, plain water and foods.
- Make it Convenient – If water is conveniently placed near you it will be easier to drink without thinking about it. Keep a glass or bottle always near by so you can re-hydrate often.
- Drink water Before, During and After Meals – Drinking water before your meal will curb your hunger so that you consume fewer calories. Often times when we feel hungry, our bodies are really just in need of water rather than calories.
- Add a Little Flavor to your Water – Some people just don’t like the taste of plain water, but they know that it’s the best choice. If you are one of them, to make it more enjoyable you can always add a little flavor to it. Perfect and natural ways to flavor your water are muddled herbs, berries, cucumber and of course citrus slices.
- Don’t Overdo it – The old recommendation of drinking 8 (8 oz) glasses of water a day is just an average and more of a general guideline. Know your body and how much of water it needs. For example a person weighing 120 lbs needs to drink about 60 oz of water a day.
- Don’t Wait too Long – Don’t wait until you feel thirsty and dehydrated to drink water. Start from the morning and continue drinking throughout the day, but remember don’t consume too much water right before bed, unless you want to get up often and visit bathroom.
Share with us Your tips on drinking more water!