Simple Ways to Help You Eat More Veggies Everyday
In order to benefit from a high fiber diet, you should add as many vegetables into each of your meals as possible.
Here are some easy ways how you can eat your veggies everyday and more of it:
- Cut up peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach or other favorite veggies and keep them in sandwich bags in your fridge. This way you can grab them in the morning (or throughout the day) and throw them into your eggs, stir-fry or any other veggie dish.
- Always keep frozen veggies in your freezer. The microwave veggie bags are great and you can get a big variety for just a dollar a bag. Having frozen veggies on hand is perfect for days when you run out of the fresh ones.
- Add veggies to every meal. Best way to do this is either by starting your meals with a salad or adding a cup of streamed veggies as a side.
- Keep baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cut up celery or peppers for a quick snacks you can enjoy anytime. Add a bit of hummus as a yummy dip.
- Enjoy roasted veggies like zucchini, squash, carrots, peppers and so on. Just throw them on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, add a bit of sea salt and pepper, some herbs like basil, oregano or parsley and roast in your oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Divide them in portion sizes and keep in plastic containers in your fridge to have to enjoy throughout the week.
- Make veggie soup by adding different kinds of frozen or fresh veggies. Use half water half low sodium veggie broth and make a good soup that you can use over a week or freeze for when you need it.
Share with us Your tips on how to eat more veggies everyday?!