List of foods that are Super Good for your Kids
These superfoods have it all, nutrition, vitamins, minerals and are fun for kids to eat.
- Eggs offer protein, and they’re one of the few foods that naturally contain vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium.
- Fruit is good for your child, providing essential vitamins and minerals. Fruit also has fiber, which keeps kids regular.
- Protein and calcium in Dairy Products provide fuel for the brain and body. Protein helps build brain tissue, while milk’s calcium keeps kids’ bones and teeth strong.
- Research shows that kids who eat Oatmeal are better able to concentrate and pay attention in school. Fiber-rich whole grains, like oatmeal, digest slowly, providing kids with a steady stream of energy.
- Nuts are made up of healthy fats, which kids need for growth and development, as well as for heart health.
- Tomatoes – they’re loaded with lycopene a substance that protects against many cancers. Cooking tomatoes makes them even healthier because the heat releases the lycopene.
- Greek Yogurt – It contains healthy bacteria known to boost immunity and aid digestion, and has two to three times the amount of protein and less sugar than regular yogurt.
- Cocoa Powder actually has one of the highest concentrations of flavonoids, a compound known to improve blood pressure and heart and oral health. They may also protect skin from sun damage.
- Salmon – It contains heart-healthy omega-3 fats, which are also known to boost brain development, fend off depression, and have superb anti-inflammatory powers.
- Cabbage – It has a mild flavor and crunch that kids tend to like better than the usual salad greens.
- Black Beans are a great source of protein, as well as fiber and calcium two things kids tend not to get enough of.
- Cinnamon research shows that this spice can help regulate blood sugar, which may also minimize those all-too-common mid-morning energy crashes – kiddo meltdowns.