Homemade Gift Ideas for the Holidays!
With Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner it’s time to start thinking about the homemade gifts, if you are planing to make them this year. Homemade gifts are special and from the heart. And we all hope that those that receive the gifts will love them as much as we loved making them.
Need ideas, see what we think it’s cool to make this holiday season!
- Homemade Jams and Preserves – If this is something you know how to make you should definitely go for it. Everyone loves something sweet and jam is always a popular choice. And homemade is always healthier and more special than store-bought! To make your gift extra special place it in a nice shaped jar, add a printed label like “Delicious Strawberry Jam” or similar. You can also list the ingredients on a little card and tie it with a fancy ribbon around the lid.
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix – When it’s cold outside, or even if it’s not, holiday season makes us want something warm and Hot Cocoa is always a popular choice. Make your own by filling a jar with layers of hot cocoa mix, chocolate milk mix, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. To make it extra special include a nice, tall cup and some special label or ribbon.
- Baked Goodies Basket – Yum! Everyone can enjoy a nice cookie or homemade bread. Holidays are a perfect time to indulge in baked goodies. Plus this gift can be perfect for everyone. Make it extra special by placing the baked goodies in separate see trough bags, tie each with different decorative ribbon and a card with what it is included in the bag. Place everything in a decorative basket and finish it off with a large see trough bag and/or big ribbon.
- Cute Tutu or a Hair Bow – Surprise a special little girl in your life with a cute tutu or a nice hair bow. Check out these fun tutorials for How to make a Tutu.
- Special Blanket – If sewing is your thing you can always make some special blankets as gifts. This could be a perfect gift for boys or men, especially if done with their favorite characters or sports teams! Know how to knit, you can certainly make hand knit blankets as well. They will be fun, fuzzy and perfect gifts.
- Handmade Handbags – You can either sew or knit a handbag for a special gift. Make it more special by using favorite fabric, yarn or color of the person receiving a gift.
- Handmade Hats and Scarfs – What better way to surprise someone for the holidays than with a warm hat, scarf or gloves. See these fun Free Knitting Hat Patterns.
- Hand-painted Picture Frames – Put a little spin on a every day gift by hand painting it and making it super special. You can get inexpensive frames in all sizes in unfinished wood (perfect for painting over and refinishing) at Hobby Lobby or other Craft Stores.
- A Christmas Ornament – This is a homemade gift idea that never goes out of style! You can get as creative as you want or keep it simple if you like. Buy basic styrofoam balls and then paint them. From there, you can add glitter or beads and make it pretty as you like.
- Holiday Plaques – One of the fun gifts you will love making and they will love receiving. Choose a winter or holiday saying. Paint a wooden plaque the color of your choice, then glue on letters cut out of card-stock paper to say whatever you want. Follow by brushing a coat of clear glue such as Mod Podge and let dry!
Share with us Your Homemade Gift Ideas!